- 150g almonds
- 150g medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut (opt.)
- 1 tbsp cacoa nibs
- Pinch salt
- 300g silken tofu, lightly-pressed
- 200g mango (tinned, frozen or fresh)
- Zest of 1 lime
- 75g (1/2 cup) cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 100g coconut cream, the thick cream taken from the top of a tin of coconut milk
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
Make the base by blitzing together the nuts and pitted dates with a scant pinch of salt. Press into the base of a shallow dish and leave to harden in the fridge whilst you make the topping. If you want to make individual cheesecakes, press into biscuit cutter shapes. We used hearts in honour of Valentine’s Day.
For the cheesecake topping, start by whizzing up the soaked cashew to make sure they are finely ground. Then add the tofu, mango, coconut cream, lime juice and zest and maple syrup and whizz to make a smooth cream. Pour over the prepared base and leave in the fridge to set.
Remove and decorate with slices of lime, coconut shreds and serve immediately.