- 150g / 1 cup almonds
- 150g / 2/3 cup / 5.3 oz medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut (opt.)
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- Pinch salt
- 300g / 10 oz silken tofu, lightly-pressed
- 200g / 7 oz mango (tinned, frozen or fresh)
- Zest of 1 lime
- 75g / 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 100g / 4 1/2 oz coconut cream, the thick cream taken from the top of a tin of coconut milk
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
Make the base by blitzing together the nuts and pitted dates with a scant pinch of salt. Press into the base of a shallow dish and leave to harden in the fridge whilst you make the topping. If you want to make individual cheesecakes, press into biscuit cutter shapes.
For the cheesecake topping, start by whizzing up the soaked cashews to make sure they are finely ground. Then add the tofu, mango, coconut cream, lime juice and zest and maple syrup and whizz to make a smooth cream. Pour over the prepared base and leave in the fridge to set.
Remove and decorate with slices of lime, coconut shreds and serve immediately.