- 2 x Pizza Bases (homemade or shop-bought)
- A portion of tomato sauce – mix a 400g tin of tomatoes with garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Garlic mushrooms – mince 3-4 cloves garlic and fry in olive oil with a handful of sliced mushrooms.
- Choose from: a handful of black or green olives, a few, sliced sun-dried tomatoes, chopped up artichoke hearts from a jar, 1 tbsp capers, roughly chopped jalapeno peppers.
- 250g spinach leaves – wash and leave in the colander. Boil the kettle and pour the boiling water over the spinach leaves in the colander. This will be sufficient cooking to wilt them. Squeeze out excess water before placing on pizza.
- 400g / 14 oztofu, well-pressed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp mild miso
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Mix all the Tofu ‘Cheese’ ingredients together in a bowl. This is best done with your hands. Squeeze the tofu so it forms a thick doughy paste and all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
Assemble the pizza by covering the base with tomato sauce. Then add your favourite toppings, scattering them over the base to ensure that they are evenly distributed.
Finally add the tofu ‘cheese’ however you prefer, a thin all-over coating or in blobs of delicious creaminess.
Bake your pizza for 10-15 mins at 200 deg C. until it’s browned on top and the dough is cooked.